Zionsville Exterior Painting Contractor – Selection Guide
Picking the right painting contractor in Zionsville is important if you want to improve the curb appeal and protect the outside of your house. Avoid having a bad experience in 46077 by using our easy guide to choosing an exterior painting contractor in Zionsville, IN. Below are ten helpful tips that will help you choose the best Zionsville exterior painter for your project:
- Ask for Help: To start your search, ask friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers for suggestions. Hearing about real-life situations can tell you a lot about a contractor’s dependability and work quality. Elite Pro Painting has over 10,000 happy past clients. If you need testimonials or referrals, just ask.
- Do Research Online: To find area painters in Zionsville, use the Internet to do research. Check out reviews on sites like Google, Yelp, and Angie’s List to see how happy customers are and learn more. Elite Pro Painting has over 700 5 star reviews online. That is more than any other painting contractor in the Indianapolis or Zionsville area.
- Check the worker’s Credentials: Make sure the worker has insurance and workers comp. This provides you with protection in case of any harm or accidents that might happen during the job. Do not take an exterior painting contractor’s word. Make them show you their liability insurance and their workers comp insurance.
- It’s important to find professionals with a history of good work. Professional painters with more experience usually know how to solve a wide range of exterior painting problems. Elite Pro Painting has been painting exteriors of homes since 2008. We have ran into almost everything at this point.
View their portfolio: Ask to see a collection of their past work or get a list of places they’ve worked. This lets you see for yourself how good their work is. Elite Pro Painting can show you a map of thousands of past clients. Chances are we have painted multiple homes in your neighborhood.
- Ask for recommendations: Don’t be afraid to ask past clients for recommendations. Get in touch with these sources and ask them how happy they were with the contractor’s work overall.
- Get specifics: Get at least two written quotes from different contractors that are very detailed. These should list the costs, the materials, and how long it will take to finish the job. If a contractor just writes down or tells you a total price without detailed expectations…run away!
- Warranty and Guarantee: Ask the contractor about their warranty and guarantee practices. A good contractor should stand behind their work and give you a good guarantee for their services. Make sure that you ask if labor and materials are included in the warranty. Ask if there are any exclusions. Most times, contractors exclude all of the areas that would normally have warranty work attached.
Paint and Supplies: Talk about what kinds of paint and supplies the exterior painting contractor plans to use. A finish that lasts a long time needs high-quality materials, so make sure they use well-known names…and the premium line of the well-known brand. For example, at Sherwin Williams, there are many lines of exterior paint. Some lines are economy priced and some are premium. There is a HUGE difference in these different levels of paint. If you have questions about the quality of paint being described…ask us!
- Communication: Pay close attention to how well the worker can talk to you. To make sure your expectations are met, you must be able to communicate clearly throughout the job. Make sure that all promises are in writing as well.
Finally, picking the right Zionsville outdoor painting contractor is a big choice that can have a big effect on how your home looks and how much it’s worth. By using these ten tips, you can make a smart choice that will help your painting job go well and make you happy. Remember that hiring a reliable and experienced painter will save you money in the long run by giving you a beautiful finish that lasts.