This is a short blog entry about a Carmel house painters, Elite Pro Painting, and a great before and after picture and story about exterior painting. Elite Pro Painting has now painted hundreds of homes in Carmel. We have a great reputation, and we get referrals almost daily from Carmel clients. This is a cool, very visual painting before and after.
Carmel House Painters Before and After Pictures
Many times, homeowners only paint their exterior trim on homes. They paint their soffits, doors, trim boards, and windows. This specific job was much more. We painted the brick on this home. The process for painting brick, the right way, is very labor intensive. Most companies apply paint directly to the bricks. After a couple of years, the paint flakes and peels. The paint fails. The right way to paint brick on homes, specifically in Carmel, is to first use a block primer. This is important because the PH level of brick can affect paint. A loxon primer under the final coats, makes sure that the paint sticks to the home for a long time. Loxon primer is expensive…so many painting contractors will leave this step out to avoid higher labor costs and much higher material costs.
Here are the steps we took to make sure that this Carmel paint job lasts a long time.
- Wash all surfaces including the brick. Paint sticks to dirt. If the paint sticks to dirt, it is not sticking to your home.
- Scrape any failing paint on the existing home.
- Caulk any missing and failing caulk lines where wood meets wood. We use elastomeric caulk. This helps the job last longer.
- Prime all exposed surfaces. The brick must be primed with the correct primers. Painting brick directly will not last.
- Paint the home. We use Sherwin Williams Super Paint. It is the best two-coat product that we have used.
This house looks amazing!
Do you have a home that needs painted in Carmel? Are you looking for Carmel house Painters? We do business in Carmel, Indianapolis, and surrounding areas. Give us a call for a free painting quote.